Monday, September 05, 2005

hootie and shipkicker takin whistler by storm

alright alright. so, back from our little excursion up the mountain, where we had some good times, learned a little about life, went to bed at a respectable hour. and talked to a guy from australia while doing a fake australian accent just to see if he noticed. heaps of fun. things that happened in whistler as follows. we arrive and its totally pouring rain, but no worries because we came prepared with some kick ass funbrellas, as we like to call them. and i made sure to bring only flip flops and sandals so my feet would get nice and wet. and cold. we ate a romantic dinner of burritos (aimee) and quiznos (me) while we pondered the thought of never going home. ever. went back to l'hotel for a nice hot tub (did you know they let you drink in the hot tub? super easy, just put your beer (aimee) or vodka (me) in an inconspicuos plastic cup and you are on your way). from here, we proceded to get ready to go out while watching selena for the fourth time because aimee really likes that movie and i'm pretty sure there was some singing along to george michaels too funky. we walk thru the village with our funbrellas and happen upon the bar which we will make ours for the night and quickly make friends with the nice boys in the vip line. who we ditch once we get inside because one of them mistakes pootie for a stripper pole. in no time, we are feeling no pain until some girl who is way too drunk steps on my sandaled foot with her last seasons stilletos and i am pretty sure i have some broken bones. i am not kidding. my foot is now blue. not purple, blue. in order to ease my pain, i talk some nice boy into buying me a double vodka redbull for $14 which i take two sips from when some other way too drunk girl knocks it out of my hand. booo. i have long since set my sights on a boy who i will make my makeout mission for the night while pootie is fielding marriage proposals from some of the other patrons. last check, she turned them down. at least i think she did. some time goes by and i will have to get pootie to fill in the blurry spots and the ugly lights come on, but it is not time to go yet. in fact, the show has just begun. i leave with my makeout no longer just a prospect, and hootie with her future husband for a little stroll to hang out outside the 7eleven. and this is where we meet the australian, who i remembered to give a fake name, but not a fake phone number. but i did it with an accent, so not a total loss. from here, some girl (?) trys to get us to come to a hot tub party with her and her friends. no, we did not go. bye makeout boy. at some point, we uncover that future husband knows some of the same people we do at home, which of course requires a background check at 3:30 in the morning. to banff. many thanks to andrew for staying on the phone with me for what felt 15 minutes but was probably more like an hour. you are super good stuff. now back at the hotel, i reclaim possesion of my own cell phone and for those of you who received text messages, you are welcome for the free entertainment. 4:30 in the morning. from here, we pass out with the tv blaring selena, the heat on full blast, and every light in the room on. and nobody puked. if thats not a successful trip, man, then i dont know success.

14 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ummmm wow. Just a regular night out then! Yup sandals are no match for stilletos, ouch! And such a waste of $14!!!! That would have hurt even more, hehe. Did he buy you another one? Plastic cup in hot tub - I will have to remember that one.
But other than that you had a really boring time, lol.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

sorry shipkicker i didn't know it was labor day in canada too! i thought it was just in the States. I profoundly and unreservedly appologise for any hurt that I have caused you and your fellow Canadians on this hospicious occasion. You have my heart felt sorryness (is that a word!) and i deeply appreciate you bringing this matter to my disgraced attention and i will rectify the post forthwith to include the good people of the land that is called Canada. And further more ........ oh shit i have to send messages now to all the Canadians that have left messages on my blog, aghhhhhh. And i really hope that it is not labor day in australia otherwise i'm screwed. LOL.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whistler - if I knew where it was I would go! I have heard of Whistler Falls - is that the same place?

OH that is sooooo ironic ....... i didn't know that canadians celebrated labor day and now the word verification for this comment is ttyttusa (usa!).

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh and the SUV and boat were coming in the opposite direction. And if he doesn't have a stratch on his boat I will be going down to the marina tonight and scratching my name on it, with full contact details too!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Phats said...

I nice blog, I frequently talk in different accents just for the hell of it, however nobody ever buys it D'oh!

Canada, never been there I am too afraid that I will come back and not be able to stop saying the word "eh"

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Phats said...

That should read Hi not I haha :)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Raise your right hand (geez no that's your left, hehe) and repeat after me - 'I will learn to spell karaoke correctly' lol. j/k.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Phats, i've been to Canada. It's a lovely place. You should go sometime.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Geez this is turning into the Phats and Gareth show with a special guest appeareance by Jen-nae, lol.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger that girl possessed said...

if i were to post something here i feel as though i would be ruining the "magic" between gareth and phats.

sounds like you had a wicked time in whistler, jealous. what a freakin' waste of red bull and vodka, i hope you bitch slapped her.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger plouffmeister said...

your blogs are so amusing and kick ass
and dice changed my life
well...not REALLY
but pretty close
kelwona kicked ass, im about to post about it
and that sucks about the vodka red bull...i really am sorry

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Phats said...

See us indiana folk are slow, I get the magic moment now! Had I just come to this blog first D'oh!

To answer your question yes we do have electricity in Indiana, but it's very new to us, we are still learning all the ins and outs of it ;)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger anika said...

Hm. Sounds like your extravaganza was better than my camping-trip-from-hell-in-the-rain experience. Next time I'm coming with you instead. (I'm not joking.)

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Amen, I will second that.

fqeblo = fake a blow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home