Wednesday, September 07, 2005

i want your sex


it seems, that over the past few days, i have developed some kind of (unhealthy?) obsession with george michael. it all started innocently enough, i heard monkey on the radio, and thought hey, i have that cd. which leads to friday night, which, instead of going out like a normal person, i spent it downloading four or five different versions of too funky. all great. then i ripped the faith cd onto my ipod. listened to hard day (regular version, and the shep pettibone remix) for the rest of the evening. saturday rolls around, and i pick aimee up for whistler while listening to too funky. we also use this as our theme song for the rest of the evening, saying repeatedly to each other, 'would you like me to seduce you? is that what youre trying to tell me?' with that sexy smile and a little shimmy. sunday, i change my msn name to 'would you like me to seduce you? is that what youre trying to tell me?' accompanied by a saucy photo of me, trying to seduce you. however, i'm pretty sure it became a full blown addiction when not an hour and a half ago i was driving to physio listening to 'hand to mouth' on the ipod, for the 68th time in 3 days. when it ended and i started it over and said out loud, to myself, 'way too fuckin good'.

4 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger that girl possessed said...

you, my friend, have the best present coming to you if the printer at the house i'm staying at works. i'm not even joking, it's the best ever. i've been laughing for like 10 minutes at myself.

also, does your new george michaels love encompass all his years of music making? cuz i question the most recent.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

68 times ......... what, you actually counted them!
I think the trip to Whistler might have affected your rational judgement.
Oh and thanks Undr - i can't get Faith out of my head now!

nrdvn - nerd van

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

When I was nine or ten I found Faith at the library and saw that it had the song "Faith" and various other titles I was familiar with from radio, but now can't remember. I decided to check it out.

This old geezer behind me in the check-out line said to me. "George Michael...I see you enjoy that 'Pop' music." The way he put such strong emphasis on the word 'Pop' was kind of creepy. I think I replied with "I guess, yeah." It wasn't like I was #1 George Michael fan. At the time I was all about Milli Vanilli, Bobby Brown, M.C. Hammer, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston (and for the sake of complete disclosure, Kenny G and Mannheim Steamroller). I'm not sure if he was trying to make me think he was cool and up on what the kids are listening to, or if it had something to do with the super-obvious gayness of George Michael, which at that time I was totally oblivious to, not even really knowing there was a such thing as gay.

So I listened to it for a couple of weeks. I think I enjoyed it, but apparently not that much, because I took the thing back to the library and that is the end of my experiences with George Michael. Until reading your post.

I have gone through similar periods where I become obsessed with a specific artist or band. Your obsession with George will eventually pass, just like a kidney stone.

"I know not everybody has a body like me" (Darn your hide for mentioning that song, Undr!)

Josué

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger L said...

Isnt that the singer who got caught with young men at a rest stop bathroom?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home