Wednesday, October 19, 2005

please send money

so i thought i'd better post before gareth gets on a plane and comes over here.
k i just did this telephone interview, which i spent all day agonizing over. and when i say agonizing, i do mean that i felt like i was going to have a heart attack. i prepared for it as much as i could but had to do it before i actually burst into tears, or lost my shit completely. i know that i must've sounded like a complete retard, because at the end i was laughing like a crazy person and they asked me what expropriate ment and i said what the fuck. what does knowing what expropriate means have to do with my abitlity to do a job. fyi i got it wrong, and i now know what it actually means so you dont need to leave the answer in my comments.
i also learned today that i might have anxeity disorder, which if i thought about it long enough, i didnt need a doctor to tell me. but hey, its nice to put a name to a face. so so far 25 is shaping up nicely. but on the bright side, the swiss kid told me about the girl he is trying to make his girlfriend and while i wanted to kind of puke, i was able to give him some friendly tips on how to do this and actually smile about it cause i know he just told me to piss me off.
its raining here, and its been raining for about a month. i would prefer eternal sunshine, but sometimes its cool to curl up on the couch with a blanket while its pouring rain outside and watch the bbc production of the lion the witch and the wardrobe from the mid 80's while all your friends are in bed cause they have to work in the morning and you get to sleep in and think how you need a job yourself because you havent paid your cell phone bill in a really long time. oh wait. not that last part.

3 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Mike said...

We recently had several phone interviews and can relate totally! The anxiety thing is for real. Got the same problem. :) BTW, you’re a cutie!

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

*yayyyyy I'm on my way to meet Shippy. Can't wait. (skipping out of the plane) Crap, what is this?! You updated!!! Now I need to find the departure gate to go home again, geesh*
So does this mean that I don't have to do another ghost post??? Oh well I will do another one just for you anyway considering you asked so nicely. And besides I think Jen-Nae would kill me if I didn't and if she didn't then TGP definately would. *biting finger nails*
What a dumbass question on the phone! I'll bet that the interviewer had to go and look it up 2 minutes before they phoned you. He/she was just trying to appear to be intelligent. You are wayyyy more intelligent than that dork!
Rain for a month! Holy crap I thought MY weather was bad.
*now where is that damn terminal?*

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

Duh, its common knowledge that for a phone interview you should have immediate access to a dictionary, scientific graphing calculator, atlas, almanac, and your computer with a high speed internet connection so you can immediately google something extra-fast. (I love using google as a verb). It's the exactly same protocol as what you should do if you are someone's phone-a-friend for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Actually, I never even knew there were such things as telephone interviews, but this is probably what I would do if I had such an interview. I hate telephones, but at least one doesn't have to worry about what to wear.

p.s. Those BBC Narnia movies are great. I think my favorite thing about them is that guy in them that looks like Bob Dylan as "Mugglewump" or something of that nature. He is also Dr. Who. It always makes me laugh to imagine that he actually is Bob Dylan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home