Thursday, November 03, 2005

shipkicker for a bullshit free existence.

has anyone seen lord of war and perhaps would like to explain it to me? nevermind. i dont really care. but jared leto 30 seconds to mars is looking mighty fine these days. so what if he's totally weird and was on my so called life.
i seem to be going thru this weird, unbrought on transitional period right now. i was commenting to a friend last night about being 25, with no job, no boyfriend, no prospects, and living at home with my parents, and my friends are dropping like flies. but its ok. i know that this is all happening for a reason, and its because i have become too complacent in the past few years which has not encouraged me to change the things and shed the people which aggravate me. i hang on to people and things out of fear that i will end up alone. But over this past year, and especially this past month, i have discovered that sometimes it is better to be alone then to put up with the things that make my life harder for me. at this point i am mostly referring to people, not things, and there has been a lot whom i have had to let go of recently. i am getting to the phase of my life, or maybe i am just too tired to put up with the bullshit anymore, and let things slide out of the sake of losing another person. i have noticed with all these friends i have, i still spend the majority of my time alone, and despite what anyone thinks or says, this is not by choice. but as it is something i am so accustomed to, it wouldnt really be that different if i had one less friend . and to be fair, it isnt any different. i keep the people close to me that i know make time to include me in their lives, and if that ends up being only one or two people, then its one or two who are honest with me and with themselves, and i'm ok with that. for once in my life, i am worrying about myself first, because i can no longer except the blame for everything. what if my whole life up until now, everything wasnt my fault. someone said that to me once, and it scared me. because it always what i've been led to believe, and that statement changes my entire existence. i am cautiously optimistic of what the future holds for me. i am looking forward to moving forward. because, of all things, my blog is getting way too emo. and if i'm getting rid of the negativness that has haunted me my entire life, i need a good reason.

12 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just hang in there Shipster. There are better things to come. Never give up. My post today might make your life complete, hehehehe.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger j. said...

i think part of growing up is dumping the bullshit along the wayside. it makes for much easier travel!

things will look up. guaranteed.

check my blog out sometime today, i will post something someone passed along to me about 5 years ago. i haven't let go of it since.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger that girl possessed said...

can i still be in the loop? i mean, i just met you a little while ago and if i'm being discarded i need to know before i get 'shippy 4 life' tattooed on me.

i think it's good to let friendships and relationships die out. there is nothing worse than putting all your effort into keeping something alive only to find out that what you kept alive is pointless. but you are smart, you know that.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger that girl possessed said...

njc is raising the bar... hmmm... i'll have to reconsider what i can do to woo you into friendship. wait, i hooked you up with a motley crue ticket... buy my affection!!! teehee.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

I think that you are right in your thinking that it is better to be alone than to maintain relationships with people that hurt you or have a negative influence on you and your life.


And weren't blogs and emo MFEO? (Made for each other. I think this is the first time I have used a bogus acronym on the internet, and it was for a reason.) I think an emo blog is better than say a prog blog or a butt rock blog. Actually, prog blog is a pretty good title. I'm going to go see if there is a prog blog.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Joshua said...

This guy has prog blog, but apparently he has buried his talent in the ground.

This guy has prog-blog, but it is progressive New Zealand politics, not progressive rock.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well it sounds to me like you are now at the point to move on....i know how hard that is, and how scary it can be, but its now that you are learning who your real friends are and the way i see it is if you can manage to have two to three REAL friends you are a lot better off then if you have a hundred so-so friends. Friends are the family we choose for ourselves, so pick the best ones.

p.s. i just met you pretty much so do i still have to buy your friendship, i mean i havent been able to piss you off....yet

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shippy would you mind updating? Thanks awefully (haha I can't believe I said that. I'm away to join the upperclass now, lol).

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Mike H said...

Wait, I'm at risk of being cut out of a loop? I go away for 4 days and this happens?
....
Hang on. Am I even in the loop? If I get 'cut' I hope I can get Transformers back before it happens. Because that would suck if you cut me out after I let you borrow Transformers.

If I'm even in the loop that is. I see myself more as the fringe on the edges of the loop.
Yeah, that's me, Mike H the fringe.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger shipkicker said...

aww you guys are great. just for that, none of you are getting cut out, and the first months rent is free. thanks everyone, i mean it :)

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Mike said...

With out BS what would life be like? Hang in there.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger that girl possessed said...

free rent?!?! i'm gonna get the "shippy 4 life" tattoo or "mo' moeny, mo' problems"... with that exact spelling. ooh oooh what about "shippy is moeny"?? eh eh? you like it??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home